Available with standard or extralight casings. The extralight casing not only reduces the tire’s weight, but is also more supple, thus increasing the tire’s speed and comfort even further.
Compass 700C x 38 Barlow Pass
The Barlow Pass tires is named after a pass on the Mountain Loop Highway, a scenic gravel road through the central Cascades. The road leads past the ghost town of Monte Cristo before ascending the pass. On the long straights and sweeping turns of this gravel road, the extra stability of a large-wheeled bike can provide an advantage as you descend at high speed.
The Barlow Pass is a great tire for 700C bikes with moderate clearances. In the 700C x 38 mm size, we also offer the Compass Steilacoom as a true dual-purpose knobby.
- Clincher, folding bead
- Tan sidewalls
- Low rolling resistance
- Excellent grip
- Superior comfort
- Light weight
- Classic appearance
- Clincher tires with the ride of a good tubular
- 390 g
- Maximum Pressure 75 psi (5.2 bar)
- As "Standard" model, but with:
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- Choice of black or tan sidewalls
- Further improved comfort and traction
- Ultra-low rolling resistance
- 351 g