Available with standard or extralight casings. The extralight casing not only reduces the tire’s weight, but is also more supple, thus increasing the tire’s speed and comfort even further.
Compass 650B x 48 Switchback Hill
At 48 mm wide, the Switchback Hill is our largest 650B (27.5″) tire yet. Switchback Hill is the first and only named climb on the 360 mile Oregon Outback gravel ride/race. The gravel is quite loose in places, and the extra floatation of the Switchback Hill tires gives you more speed and security when the going gets really rough.
30% of the Oregon Outback is on pavement, so we designed this tire to roll as fast and grip as well as a good racing tire. With this tire, you truly have the best of both worlds.
The Switchback Hill also can transform the performance of your 27.5″ mountain bike on gravel or paved roads.
Made in Japan.
- Clincher, folding bead
- Tan sidewalls
- Low rolling resistance
- Excellent grip
- Superior comfort
- Light weight
- Classic appearance
- Clincher tires with the ride of a good tubular
- 478 g
- Maximum pressure with tubes: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- Maximum recommended pressure – tubeless: 55 psi (3.8 bar)
- as "Standard" model, but with:
- Ultra-light, ultra-supple casing
- Choice of black or tan sidewalls
- Further improved comfort
- Ultra-low rolling resistance
- 413 g