The UD-1 is so simple that you’ll wonder why nobody has made racks like this before. The struts attach to the inside of the tabs, making the rack much more elegant than similar racks where the struts attach to the outside. We enlarged the rack platform slightly to make the shape come together aesthetically. Racks look much better if the rack stays slant outward a bit as they go up from the fork to the platform.
Compass UD-1 Extralight Front Rack
$170.00 – $180.00
A superlight rack that fits most bikes. The Compass UD-1 rack is almost universally adjustable, yet elegant and strong. Made with ultra-strong, ultralight Cromoly tubing for the main rack platform and aluminum for the struts, this rack weighs just 221 g.
The UD-1 rack requires a hole in the fork crown and eyelets on the fork blades. It is compatible with cantilever and disc brakes. The diagonal struts are long enough that they reach the mid-fork low-rider eyelets on many production touring bikes. Cut the struts to size after you have figured out how to mount the rack. The struts are made from aluminum, so cutting them is easy.
With its simple and elegant design and almost universal adjustability, the UD-1 rack is an especially good choice for bikes with disc brakes.
Light mount not included, available separately.
Made in Japan. 10 year warranty.
- Attaches to fork crown and fork braze-ons
- Requires dedicated braze-ons on fork blades
- Platform: 170 mm x 120 mm
- Maximum strut length (c-c):
- Standard: 240 mm
- Long: 420 mm
- Fender attachment at the front of the rack
- Suitable for many bikes, also with disc brakes
- Made by Nitto to Compass Extralight specifications
- Platform made from Chromoly for strength and light weight, stays made from aluminum.
- 221 g (rack); 6 g (hardware)