Weinmann and Dia-Compe brakes require special springs for mounting on brazed-on pivots. (These are not included with the pivots.) For Compass and Mafac brakes, the original springs work with braze-on pivots.
Compass Braze-on Centerpull Pivots
Centerpull brakes offer excellent brake power and modulation even in long-reach versions. Brazing the pivots to the frame eliminates the pivot support arch. This reduces the weight, improves the brake’s performance and makes it more elegant.
Compass centerpull pivots are available pre-mitered for front and rear, as well as un-mitered (universal). The spring holder slides onto the boss and is brazed on. This creates a seamless, elegant appearance.
Available in CrMo (all styles) and stainless steel (universal only).
Sold in sets of two, which is enough for one brake.
Made in Taiwan.
- Pre-mitered for front or rear, or un-mitered (universal)
- CrMo or stainless steel (universal model only)
- For all classic centerpull brakes (Mafac, Weinmann, Dia-Compe, Zeus ...)
- Not for Paul brakes or cantilever brakes (use cantilever braze-ons)
- Front is mitered for Compass brakes and Kaisei "TOEI Special" fork blades
- Rear is mitered 3 mm off-center