Note: Mafac brakes vary between production runs. If the bushings don’t fit, you can accurately enlarge the hole in your brakes with a 10H7 reamer.
Compass Replacement Hardware for Centerpull Brakes
$125.00 – $132.00
The forged arms of classic Mafac brakes don’t wear out, but the chrome-plating of Mafac’s hardware was of mediocre quality. Our replacement hardware includes everything you need: Bolts, nuts, bushings, thrust washers, springs, straddle cables… The bolts are made from CrMo (not weaker stainless steel) and chrome-plated, so they are as strong as the originals.
Polish up your arms, install this hardware kit, and your brakes are better than new!
- Fits these brakes:
- Compass centerpull brakes
- Mafac centerpull brakes (Racer, Raid and some 2000 or Competition models)
- Includes straddle cable for Compass brakes and Mafac Racers/Raids
- Includes washers for standard brake pad mounting (angled washers for toe-in available separately)
- Choice of mounting bolts (for bikes with and without racks)
- Made in Taiwan