- Attaches to fork crown and cantilever brake pivots.
- For bikes with large tires.
- Custom hardware for secure attachment.
- Platform: 165 mm x 90 mm
- 187 g (rack) + 23 g (hardware)
Randonneur bikes carry their load in a handlebar bag on the front rack, where it is easily accessible. The Grand Bois M-13 rack is designed for bikes with wide tires and cantilever brakes. It is made by Nitto exclusively for Grand Bois. The design was inspired by the racks of classic René Herse bicycles. The rack is fillet-brazed from lightweight steel tubing, with a plated finish for durability. The elegant tabs for mounting the rack to the cantilever bosses are brazed into the ends of the rack support tubes, like dropouts on a classic bicycle frame. It is one of the lightest production racks available today.
The rack is available in two versions. This "wide-tire" version is designed to fit bike frames with clearances for wide tires, the "narrow-tire" version for bikes with narrower clearances. There is a choice of light mounts: on the right or the left.
To determine which racks fits your bike, measure the distance from the fork crown to the cantilever bosses. Note that the rack fit can be adjusted slightly by carefully bending the diagonal supports.
The racks are supplied with custom bolts that provide secure attachment:
- 2x M6 bolts for mounting to cantilever post with smaller-diameter M5 forward extension to hold the rack securely
- 2x M5 domed nuts and lockwashers
- M6 domed nut for fork crown mount (with lockwasher)
- Nut with built-in washer for fender mount
- Bolt and spacer for attaching "hanging" Schmidt Edelux headlight. (Light available separately.)
Made in Japan. 10 year warranty.
Read more about our racks on our blog.