- Stainless steel or Cromoly
- 53 mm between fork blades
- Ideal for 650B bikes with 35–45 mm tires
- Imperial Oval cross-section blade sockets
- 1 inch (25.4 mm) diameter steerer
- Distance crown race seat to bottom of crown: 17.5 mm
- Weight: 145 g
The Grand Bois fork crown is a reproduction of a classic design used on thousands of bikes by the French constructeurs. The design has proven itself for decades over millions of kilometers.
The Imperial Oval fork blade is narrower at the top, so it provides tire clearance without a bulky appearance. It also is longer (front-to-back), so it resists the forces of braking better.
The Grand Bois fork crown is specifically designed for Kaisei “Toei Special” fork blades, so it is a perfect fit with these blades. With Reynolds “Imperial Oval” blades, some work may be required to make them fit.
Made in Taiwan.
$ 52 Crown Only (Cromoly)
$ 58 Crown Only (Stainless)
$ 99 Crown (Cromoly) with Kaisei Blades
$ 105 Crown (Stainless) with Kaisei Blades (Cromoly)
Read more about our framebuilding supplies on our blog.